Graduates of the SLCC VBRC STRIVE and VEEP Programs are invited to apply to compete for seed funding to support the startup efforts of their company.
Winning businesses will be awarded seed funding of $3,000 (1st place), $2,000 (2nd place), and $1,000 (3rd place) with the opportunity to receive identical funding for up to a total of $9,000 (1st place), $6,000 (2nd place), and $3,000 (3rd place) if the identified benchmarks are reached by the business within the specified timeframe.
Requirements for consideration are outlined below. Each business applying to compete for seed funding must meet all of the following eligible business qualifications listed:
Presentations will be evaluated using the following rubric:
1. Problem and Solution (20 points)
2. Unique Value Proposition (15 points)
3. Market Opportunity (15 points)
4. Business Model (15 points)
5. Execution Plan (15 points)
6. Presentation and Communication (10 points)
7. Overall Impression (10 points)